Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Elder Kaden Barlow - March 3, 2014

Elder Ponce and Elder Barlow at Cesar’s Baptism
 
 
Hola familia!! Como les va?

Well this week has been sorta so so. You know that reference that we got from Elder Zivic... well things were going great and then we showed up yesterday and he comes to the door and says that his pastor told him that he wasn't allowed to investigate other religions and that he wouldn't let us in.  We talked to him a little about free agency and bore our testimonies but it didn't do any good, so that was a bummer :(

The Bishop gives all new missionaries in the ward a blessing.  He blessed me three separate times in the blessing with strength and patience to endure trials.  I was a little worried after that, then about 6 that night I started getting really sick. My stomach was hurting super super bad. I was just lying curled up on my bed, then we got transfer calls. I will be staying here with Elder Ponce another transfer, and Elder Palomino is leaving and we hear we are getting a disobedient new district leader. So yeah that kinda stinks.  Then I spend the rest of the night throwing up in the bathroom.  It was just so much fun!

As for the good part of my week, we had a baptism Saturday!! :) Cesar was baptized and it was really cool. It’s always cool to see how happy they are after they come out of the font.

I celebrated Valentine’s Day by buying myself a coconut ice cream it was pretty good!!  Last Monday for p-day we had a zone activity. We watched 17 miracles, and this happened to be my first time seeing it... yeah I know I own it but I have never seen it. It was super good!! It inspired me thinking about all that the pioneers gave for the gospel. It definitely makes some of the sacrifices (although hard for us) look rather small. I’m thankful for their example for me though. :) 

Let’s see, we met an investigator that is super cool, his name is Jay. He is a super great guy and I think that he is going to progress really well. We have only taught him a few times so far but he is reading and keeping his commitments so that is good. We gave him a shirt and tie so he can come to church next Sunday so we will see how that goes. 

Love you all!!

 

Kaden

No comments:

Post a Comment