Friday, July 26, 2013

Sister Rebecca Packer - California, Rancho Cucamonga Mission

Sister Rebecca Packer


Sister Rebecca Packer is in Ontario, CA in the Rancho Cucamonga Mission.  She arrived in CA one month ago and has loved every day of her experience.  She is with Sister Ott, the sister in the 1 month picture.  They had a baptism nearly the first day she got there, not that she had anything to do with it, but it was a wonderful start of her experience.  When she feels she is slacking, she sits herself down and gives herself a good talking to and then gets up and goes to work.  She has realized that when things aren't going as they should, she has learned what to do. Well, here it is in her own words (part of it anyway).... 
 
 
I am so grateful to be out here in California! My goal this last week has been to be EXACTLY obedient, because we needed the blessing. We had nobody to teach and I didn't know what to do. So I obeyed EVERY rule! ....literally, down to the tiniest little rules! Of course I am not perfect but God can definitely see my efforts and as you can see by our 3 new investigators the lord has blessed us immensely! :)  Obedience really does work! It is so important!
Finally I want to challenge you all with something. There is a talk in the July 1980 Ensign by Elder Groberg called "Life is a mission". It is the coolest little message ever and is not very long and I want you ALL to read it. This is what we have been sharing with our members and dinner appointment lately and the spirit is so strong every time we share it. So will you all commit?! ha-ha  :) I am just going to pretend you all said "yes"...so now you have too!   Sister Packer
 
 
 





Sister Courtnee Wood - Sister Rebecca Packer

No comments:

Post a Comment