Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Elder Zach Taylor - April 14. 2014: Yay!!

This week has been one of the hardest working weeks I´ve had so far. Since we´re kind of on our own here, we´ve just been clapping doors most of the time.. but it´s actually been pretty great! People kind of have a natural interest in who we are since there have never been missionaries here before. It´s kind of nice. We had 5 investigators show up to church, too, which is the most I´ve had in one meeting so far. It´s mostly thanks to my companion, he´s helping me learn how to work harder. There´s also this member here that has a few siblings that haven´t been baptized, and we´ve been helping them out this week. Her two brothers and one of her sisters came to church. There´s just so much to do here! We´re also in the process of renting out a building for the church, since surely there are going to be more people in the weeks that come. I just have this image in my mind of the church well established here.. it´s so exciting to be able to start the whole process!
We had kind of a weird experience this week... we were teaching this catholic lady named María about the book of mormon, and her brother walked in. He asked us if we believe in the virgin mary, and we said we respect her because whe was the mother of Jesus, but we don´t pray to or worship her. Usually people are okay with that and respect our beliefs..but he got mad and told us we need to repent, to go to his church and confess our sins, even grabbed my head, looked me in the eyes, and basically told me that if I don´t start praying to Mary I¨m going to hell. You know, if people don´t like what we believe, I´m okay with that. I´m okay if they tell me their beliefs, there´s nothing wrong with that. Pretty sure this guy was just...a little different. it was pretty interesting. Definitely one of the weirdest moments I´ve experienced so far. 
I get to go to Asunción again this week for visa stuff.. so that should be fun. We´re hoping to even surpass our accomplishments this week, so we´ll see how it goes! Talk to you next week, 
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment