Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sister Rebecca Packer - "Most Powerful General Conference Yet" - Pres. Monson

Dear Family,

Hasn't this week just been so amazing! I feel so blessed to have what we have in this gospel. Hearing the testimonies of the Prophet and his apostles has given me a spiritual boost like nothing else! I really enjoyed President Uchtdorf's Talk. I loved how he talked about why we are all members of this church and what keeps us being members, but also things that sometimes, sadly, push some members away. It helped me a lot to hear why people leave the church, because now I can better help those members come back. Re-activation work is just as important as other missionary work. These less-actives are people who have already covenanted with the lord and are not keeping their covenants. They need our help and love! I am sure you have all read President Monsons message in this months ensign about "coming to the rescue"? If you haven't I encourage you all to do so. I just read it this morning and it talks about the important call we, as strong members of this church, have to "rescue" those who have been lost or who have fallen away. Love your less active friends!! It is our responsibility! My favorite quote from Pres. Uchtdorf's talk was "Doubt your doubts, before you doubt you faith!"  I want to make a promise
to
all of you, my wonderful family. If you will doubt your doubts and have faith that you will be guided in your words and actions in helping re-activate members of this church, and also in sharing this gospel with those who are not members, you WILL see miracles happen! I Promise you that. You just have to act first! The miracles will happen only after "the trial of your faith". Have faith!! :) ......ok...I am done being all preachy. :) haha but seriously. That promise is legit! :)
 
This week has been pretty good. We haven't had a lot of teaching opportunities, unfortunately. But we have been trying to talk to as many people as possible! People just haven't been wanting to listen and I have started to just be sad for them. Sister Taylor and I were talking to a man yesterday. We were all pumped on the spirit because we had just gotten out of listening to conference. So we started talking to him and I brought up that we had a modern day prophet and I went on to share how that has blessed my life, and given me so much strength and that It is proof that God loves all his children. Well, this man, Greg, was almost offended that we would even think that we still needed a prophet, because we can govern ourselves and we don't need a prophet to get revelation for us cause we can speak to got directly on our own. Well, We can pray to god and receive our own revelation and we can govern ourselves, BUT how much easier is it to follow Christ when we have a prophet of God who has Direct Communication with God and Jesus Christ. So much easier! We know what God expects of his children in this day and age. I don't even know how lost I would be in my life if I didn't have the guidance and council of a prophet in my life. I was so sad for Greg, and I prayed last night for him that he would be able to understand that God has called a prophet and how that could bless him in his life.
 
My dear family, I only have 5 minutes left, but I just want you all to know how much I love this gospel. It has made me the women that I am today, and it has blessed me with all of you. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have, that I know that I have been sealed through the power of
G
od, through the priesthood, to all of you. I know that I will be with you all in the next life and I am so thankful for the temples and the blessings that we receive there. Heavenly Father loves you all so much, just as I do.
I hope you all have a fantastic week!!

Love, Sister Packer

No comments:

Post a Comment