Monday, December 2, 2013

Elder Almen Thorpe - November 24, 2013

First trip to New Zealand Temple

Hey mom and dad! Well first thing is that I got the camera to work! But the bad news is I don't have a clue how to up load the pictures. Sad day for Elder Thorpe...I'll figure it out soon.

Anyways, thanks so much for emailing me and for the early Thanksgiving present. I love the nerf guns!!! My companion and the two other companions living with us in the flat also have nerf guns. We sure use them quite often. Tell Amy and Spencer and their two sweet little girls that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures they drew for me of thumbprint turkey's. I had a huge grin on my face. I'm a happy uncle.

My companion is Elder Jarnagin as you probably know from the email that the President sent to you. He's from Arizona and is very funny. For being a trainer he's good at teaching me on what I need to do and what I shouldn't be doing. We are working on how to communicate, learn from each other and how to help the souls in need. Auckland mission has a memo, it is to "save souls weekly". On my first day out in the field I had the opportunity to ask an investigator to be baptized and he accepted it. We also had another one on Sunday who said he would be baptized. We also had a baptism on Saturday with a nine year old. His name is John Thomas. Now he and is family are active in the church. Talk about all happening right away in the start of the mission! I'm still trying to get the hang of this mission life as well. Every day I'm learning something new, not just for myself but also for the people we talk to. Me being shy, well that's gone cause now I talk to almost everybody who we see or who is walking on the same side of the road as us.

Today is P-days for us and I'm happy to hear that the family is doing very well! Oh and everybody here is having a hard time saying our last name on my name tag, so my new nickname is "Elder Thor". I know right...cool, all I'm missing is my hammer. All the families here are lovely, they don't have much but they still have the smile on their faces and are happy to be in the gospel.

MOM! They don't have a dryer so we have to air dry our clothes. I'm blessed to have a dryer at home but I'm learning the new ways in New Zealand to dry the old school style.

Love you guys so much!, lots more to come! Give the fam hugs and kisses for me! Love your son Elder Thorpe
Temple Grounds

 

No comments:

Post a Comment