Monday, November 18, 2013

Elder Zach Taylor - November 18, 2013

It´s kind of weird how much you change and learn in a week out here. I almost feel like a new person every time I write home.. but this week was great! On Tuesday and Wednesday, we went on splits with the zone leaders. I was with Elder Balmaceda, which was great. I learned a lot from him. One thing that we did was we found a lot of new people that we could potentially teach. It´s been really nice to have all these new people to visit. A lot of them ended up not being home or making up some excuse when we returned, but a lot of them didn´t. One of them went to the ward night on Wednesday, so that was pretty exciting.
We´ve been teaching this one family for a while and we visited them on Tuesday. The father is a member, but hasn´t gone for 10 years or more, and his wife isn´t a member. We asked her if she really believed that all we had been teaching her was true, and she said yes. She said yes, because one day she had a dream that two angels came to her house, and the next day was when we visited her for the first time.. I don´t know how I didn´t know this until now, but it was really cool. They went to church this Sunday and loved it. The wife´s name is Roxana and her husband is Sergio. She told us after that she´s definitely going next week. She also told us that she liked how everyone was so friendly and welcoming in the church. It´s so important that we welcome anyone we don´t recognize. I´m excited for this family, I really want them to have the blessings the gospel brings.
So this week is...changes..that´s not the right word but I can´t think of the other one...anyway I´m pretty sure one of us will be moved to a different area, but nobody knows until tomorrow. Guess you´ll have to wait another week to find out anything! 
All in all, this week has been awesome. And I finished my training! Now I´m a real missionary!.. haha. Well, until next time,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment