Monday, November 11, 2013

Sister Courtnee Wood - Hindi ko alam tungkol sa inyo, perro naramdaman ako dalawam pt dalawa

Hi all, this is Kim, Sister Wood's mom. Courtnee has definitely maintained her sense of humor and quirky, randomness. I laughed when I google translated the subject of her email. Just know that she is a huge Taylor Swift fan and it will make much more sense......
 
 
 
I had to make that the subject of this email in honor of her. So you can put it in to google translate and figure out what it says if you want. :)  
 
Obviously it was a big week because of transfers and training, and everything else that went on! But I will start with the days that Sister Brewer and I got to be companions! Greatest days ever. Everything just went perfectly. We got to teach so many lessons, and the people, yes i repeat, they understood us the whole time! Heavenly Father was really watching out for us haha. But yeah it was awesome. 
Sister Wood is a trainer now!! Her new trainee is Sister Fuchs from West Valley - I dare say that Sister Fuchs is in for the time of her life!

Sister Wood with Brand new missionary Sister Fuchs and President and Sister Barrientos
 
This was the big week that we got our new companions! After the days of anxiously waiting, my new companion is Sister Fuchs from west valley, ut!  I love her. She is so funny. She is shy/quiet, but then out of nowhere cracks the funnies jokes. I love it haha. And is so extremely chill. We make a good pair. And she likes soccer! So woohoo! I am excited for the next couple of months. Plus, being a trainer is super fun everyone. I love it! I am pretty sure that God gives trainers of missionaries the power to somehow understand the language more, and be able to communicate. Because somehow everyone seems to get what we are saying through our broken tagalog haha. The language is definitely improving rapidly though. :) 
So regarding the people we are teaching. I hate to say it, but the Javier family we have been teaching from La Paz and who have come to church, they don't want a baptismal date anymore. They told us to just wait until they told us they were ready. So we are hoping that they keep progressing, but i will keep you updated on that. Nanay Batugal will be getting baptized on the 23rd. We are SO INCREDIBLY excited for her. She is too. So enthusiastic. We are going to see if Brother Joey (RC) and her grandson will baptize her. It would be such a cool experience. 
With the transfers that happened, we got 2 new elders in our ward with us. So there are 4 sisters, 2 elders. I think it will be a good addition! 
None of us here were affected by the Typhoon. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those missionaries and people that our in Tacloban. There are many missionaries here who are from that area, so we are praying that they are all okay. 
Have an amazing week! :) 
xoxo
Sister Wood
PS, I am a giant here, we all know that, but the comments they make to me make me laugh so hard. A 10 year old girl asked me the other day, "Apay malaking ka?" Why are you so big? I told her I was born this way. They thought it was hilarious. Anyways, gotta have tough skin here hahaha. :) 
 
These are some serious Missionary Feet!!
 
 
Dragon Fruit - Sister Wood's favorite
 
Farmer Courtnee
 
 

3 comments:

  1. "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" -from Scripture
    Wonderful post! Keep up the fine work! And thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you do your missionary work barefoot as a way to connect to the underprivileged that can't afford shoes?

    ReplyDelete