Monday, November 11, 2013

Elder Zach Taylor - November 4 - 10

This week has been amazing. The zone leaders went to a conference in Posadas last Monday, and came back with some great things to teach us in our zone meeting Tuesday. President LaPierre is really focusing on reactivating less active members and creating new ones that will actually last, not just stop going after a couple weeks. He made a couple new rules that I think are going to help a lot. 1: we can´t baptize anyone under 18 years of age unless they´ve gone to church for 2 months consecutively, at the least 6 times rather than the normal 3 that is required for others. 2: The bishop is going to be the one who approves all the baptisms. If he doesn´t feel like a certain investigator is prepared enough to stay active, he won´t give us permission to baptize them. I think that´s going to help a lot in building unity between the investigators and members and help them keep coming. The president also sent out a message that we´ve been giving to all the members. It talks about what elder Ballard said in conference, about inviting people to church activities. A lot of times people don´t invite because they´re afraid to hear the word no. What the president did was type up an invitation that invites every member to invite others to church and look to recieve 4 answers ¨no¨ before Christmas. That way, they´ll be looking for a no, they won´t be afraid to do it so much, and they´re pretty much guaranteed to find a yes while looking for 4 no´s. I think it´s awesome. If anyone who reads this wants to do it too I¨d encourage it! Besides that, my companion and I have been working with a man named Abraham, but this week we invited his daughter, Cintia to church. She came, and quickly made friends with the other young women in the ward. I¨m pretty excited for her. We´re going to make sure that she keeps going! Something not so spiritual, it´s been the hottest week I¨ve seen so far this week. I¨m soaked with sweat and humidity when I come back every night.. and in the morning studying is now an excercise. Who knew I could read so hard I´d start sweating? Welcome to South America, eh? Well, talk to you all later, hope your week is as fantastic as mine´s going to be.
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment