Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Elder Jake Kruitbosch - Santa Rosa California Mission

 
 



Beautiful Napa
Elder Jake Kruitbosch is serving in the Santa Rosa California mission.  He left for the MTC on May 1, 2013, just a little over 5 weeks after he got his mission call!  The day after they arrived in the MTC, he was called to be a Zone Leader.  He left for California on May 14, 2013 and his first area was in Arcata.  He has LOVED his mission so far and he bumped into Scott and Angela Tanner from Stone Creek ward while they were in California on a vacation!  Here's the latest letter update from his mission:
 
 
Well, its been a good week. We have been teaching those in Napa and across the Globe. I have realized how easy it is to just teach lessons. When you go into a new area you have fresh perspective and now how to strengthen but after a while it's easy to just teach lessons not really thinking ultimately of what you want to happen. During ward council, the members talked about different things that could happen with our investigators and I was totally refreshed! I remembered we aren't there to just teach them every week but to HELP them to Progress towards CHRIST.  We should be trying to help people gain desire and faith and want to succeed and rely on the Gospel!

It was eye opening I don't know why but I just felt like I had gotten so buried into the work that I forgot to look up, take a breath, and look where I'm going.

Facebook missionary work sounds like a joke to most of you I'm sure but, I have a testimony of it. We have been able to teach 3 SOLID lessons this last week. On: faith, repentance, baptism, the holy ghost, and enduring to the end (the Gospel). And I'm having conversations with friends! about the Gospel. It's been like building a bridge back to my life before the mission and realizing that it's no different than when I'm out here!

haha its been a very enlightening week. Napa is slowly but surely coming along. Holly has a baptismal date that will be pushed back slightly and Lori knows she needs to be baptized, so it's a coming! It's hard though also, as a missionary there are those that push baptism on people and they get those numbers, but most of the time they go Less Active right after. And sometimes I just want to push people into the font haha :) but Jesus Christ will never push us, he has always led and helped pull us but never pushed. So all I can do is listen to people the best I can help them feel comfortable and support them in their decisions.

I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be out here. I have grown in faith so much. I love God and he's there for each of us. We just have to be willing to let him help us. I KNOW that God lives. And that he wants us all to be happy in this life, and happiness comes from living as close as you can to the example Jesus Christ provided for us. I love the Lord.

Love,
Elder Kruitbosch
 
 It was a Miracle!! I got 3min exactly on our 3 min practice!!
(it's also a sign of a good day and that day we got our iPads)
 

Beautiful Napa
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment