Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sister Courtnee Wood - Life in Laoag Part 2


Zone Conference - Sister Wood and her MTC companion Sister Ulu'ave


Welll what do ya know... it is P-Day again! So I am sure a lot of you heard about the typhoon that went through here. It was actually a pretty big storm. Pretty impressive mother nature is! BUT the sad thing is, because of it, we couldn't have our baptism. So we are shooting for next week! Kinda lame, but that's okay! 
The power just randomly goes out here so you've always got to be ready especially at night time. Last night I was out talking to Sister Brewer (they are our neighbors) and all of a sudden the lights go out and it is pitch dark EVERYWHERE. So yeah, that was a tough one finding my way back inside. I am starting to have dreams in tagalog. Which is a pretty good sign. I need all the help I can get... so at least I am hearing the language even when I sleep! 
This week we had zone conference, and it was AWESOME! We learned so much. I loved it. Plus, we got to see tons of people, so I got to see my peeps from the MTC! Made me so happy. :) 
This week is transfer week. Which means for me, I have 6 weeks to prepare myself to be able to train since that is what I will be doing in November! I am way excited, I can't lie. 
I love being a missionary. It is the greatest thing in the world, but there come some frustrations with it as well. The power of the Spirit is an incredible thing. And I love when our investigators feel it. The other day we were teaching the sweetest young single mom named Pronaline who is so smart. We were teaching the restoration, and it was super powerful. After we shared the Restoration and first vision, she told us that she had goose bumps and knew it was the spirit. Yet, she still said she didn't believe it. WHAT IN THE WORLD? SERIOUSLY? I wanted to go crazy! Because she felt the Spirit so strong!!! Don't worry, we will work on her. She will realize sooner or later :) 
So I made it a goal to read the whole book of mormon this transfer. I started it when I got here and finished it a couple of days ago. I want everyone to know that I have a testimony of that book. I know it is the most correct book on the earth. I love the power of the book of mormon, and the role it plays in my life. Whenever I read it, I always feel strength. And as a missionary, I need that strength more than ever. I know for a fact that it contains all of the things we need to know to live with our heavenly father again. 
Well, I am so sorry this letter is short! Haha I cant even concentrate. THis computer shop is playing Ed Sheeran.....enough said. Have an amazing week! I would love to hear from everyone. :) 
- Sister Wood
PS: GOOD LUCK IN YOUR GAMES COUGS!!! 

Sister Wood and their investigator Joey, his Nanay and cousin - Look at that tiny lady next to Sister Wood

Sister Wood's favorite Filipino dessert - halo halo

a local doing their laba (laundry) in the river

Sister Wood out on an early morning jog and stopped to take another random cow picture
 

No comments:

Post a Comment