Monday, September 23, 2013

Elder Xavier Stilson - September 23, 2013

 
Elder Stilson and his companion and roommates
 
 
BOM DIA!!


  Holy cow this week really flew by... The days seemed like they took forever,  but honestly this week has gone by really fast! Last P-Day was hectic trying to  get things done and trying to help out Elder Torres put together a CD of all  the Pics we have taken then we went back, ate, and went to work! Also Monday  afternoon I got a haircut... RULE #1 when you are on a mission, DON’T trust elders  to cut your hair. Haha the pictures are great.... But hey in 2 weeks it will  all be alright again... I hope haha. After my haircut, Elder Conde asked me to  cut his hair.  Haha, I think I did a  pretty good job!! I am proud of it too! :)

I honestly don’t know where Tuesday  went; all day Wednesday I thought it was Tuesday. Haha Actually, Tuesday, we  went to a grocery store that is really close to our house that we got a referral  for the owner. We went in there to meet with him and he has the biggest desire  to do his family history work and wants to learn more about the church.  So we had our first lesson then talked to him  about how he can do his family history work right at the church.  He was really excited and I am pretty sure he  has already contacted the ladies who run the family history center! It was so awesome;  he gave us some free fruit while we were teaching him.  That's always a plus, right;) After that we  had an awesome lunch with some members! The guy is in his mid to late 60’s and  his wife died not too long ago. One morning he wakes up, not wanting to break  the law of chastity, marries the maid who already lives in the house. :) Haha  he is a great guy and his second wife is a very good cook!

  After that we got a call from our Zone Leaders, telling us that we need to fast  for baptisms this transfer! Like I have said in the past, I LOVE fasting and the  blessings that it brings but the whole "God will not be mocked" fraise  came to my mind.  Why are we fasting for  some crazy amount of baptisms that are our ZLs want to happen this Sunday?  Shouldn't we have done this at the beginning of the transfer, or even last  week?  Even though I disagreed with the  timing I participated in the fast and had a great attitude and faith that we  would have baptisms.

On our way back to our area from  lunch we went into the store where my companion’s camera has been being worked  on for the past 4 weeks. The camera still isn’t fixed but we are teaching the  owners of the store now! The owner hasn’t been feeling well so we gave him a  blessing and when we invited them to church later in the week he was feeling  ALOT better!!

Thursday we went to yet another Dr's  appointment haha. Since my glasses were stolen and I have NO clue what my prescription  is, we had to get my eyes checked again and they dilated my eyes... Not a fun  day!  I couldn’t see anything after the  appointment and because my sunglasses were taken as well I had to have Elder  Torres be my guide dog Haha

Friday was long, hard, but pretty  fun! We woke up and went to help out a member. They are building a house for their  daughter and soon to be son-in-law so we had to haul concrete for close to 3  1/2 hours.  I really liked it and worked  hard! But my body has hated me since then but it felt great to work.  When we finished working we were supposed to  have lunch for us at the church.  We were  so hungry after all of that working but when we got to the church there was no  food.  We called the lady that was  supposed to feed us and she just said that she couldn’t do it.  That was a little rough haha but everything  worked out and it was still a great day!

Saturday we just walked and walked  and walked and walked!! Our lunch was an hour and a half walk away from our  house. Yeah, it was a little rough because after we ate lunch we had to walk back  to walk back to the OTHER edge of our area to start teaching.  It was a great workout if not anything else.

I am staying in Jardim da Penha for  one more transfer and hopefully I won’t have to be ETed again ha ha!  The blessings have started to roll and I  really hope that they continue. I just need to remember my fear of God and to  keep moving forward. The one song that has saved my life is Stand by Rascal  Flatts. Anyone who is having a hard time with anything, look that up.  It helps even if you don’t like country! 

Eu amo Vocês!!

Amor Elder Stilson:)
 
Elder Stilson and Joao Henrique (Joao really reminds Elder Stilson of his little brother Taeten)

Elders doing a service project at Adilson's house

No comments:

Post a Comment